Saturday, April 25, 2009

JESIKA BROOKE THOMPSON 1978-2009


{This is a picture of Jesika and Boop at Boop's bachelorette party in 2007} I am writing this post with a profound sadness. Several weeks ago, Boop posted that she had a friend in crisis, fighting for her life. She lost that battle this afternoon. I am only finding things out in small pieces and  quite honestly cannot wrap my head around it at all. Boop is still in Israel (heading to the airport as we speak) and she is completely devastated. None of us knew how little time we had left to see Jesika. I thought I was going to see her this week or next. That chance has passed but I will leave you with two of my favorite, most recent memories of a girl who NEVER failed to have a good time.

Boop had a wine and cheese party and invited some girls who are, shall we say, less than classy when they are intoxicated. Jesika and I, along with another pal spent the better part of that soiree mercilessly making fun of these girls in all of their tiredness. It made the party that much more enjoyable.

My hubby ditched me for a date night (that's a long story for another day). We were supposed to go to a dance show with Boop and her hubby and another couple. I was left with an extra ticket last minute. Jesika ended up my date. She promised to one day to return the favor. Now we'll never get the chance. But its okay because even though she made fun of the dancing THE ENTIRE TIME I wouldn't have wanted to be there with anyone else.

Rest in peace my friend. And as my beautiful daughter so eloquently put at only nine years old; you will be safe in heaven. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so extremely sorry to hear this. I am praying for Jesika's family. It sounds like she was a WONDERFUL PERSON!!
    I know it is probably very hard to hear, but 'time WILL ease the pain. Let joyous memories comfort you.' Support and Love each other.

    May God Bless and Keep you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Jesika's older brother, all I cam say is thank you for the kind words about my sister. My son and daughter lost a wonderful Aunt, my brother and I lost a fantastic sister, my parents a devoted daughter, and the world a wonderful soul. Death is never hard to accept. It is even harder when that person is 30 years old and cancer takes her without giving her a chance to fight. Hearing that she has touched other peoples lives as much as she has touched ours lets me know that her memory will never be forgotten. Thank you again for sharing a memory about my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am saddened by this news. I did not know Jesika but grew up knowing her Dad, her grandmother, aunt, and uncles. I pray that God will wrap his arms around the entire family and comfort as only He can.

    ASD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that people are getting a chance to read about this amazing woman. Please, continue to leave your memories and prayers for her and her family. This warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jesika you will be missed. I am so shocked, and its almost unbelievable. Thank you for everything girl! Heaven just got another angel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a friend of her Aunt Betty's I heard about this tragedy. My mom passed away from OC and I know that it is a hard battle. Reading all your comments lets me know that Jesika was an amazing woman and many lives are richer for knowing her.
    She will be missed.

    ReplyDelete