Thursday, May 21, 2009

I haven't done a damn thing!

With this blog, of course. In my life, I am constantly doing very important things such as scraping dried mac and cheese out of my carpet and yelling at KK to "eat! You have 5 minutes to finish that cereal before I...." The rest of that sentence has varied at times and might possibly incriminate me in the future so I will leave it at that.

I started with a ramble, but I do have something blog worthy. It occurred to me yesterday that I think there is some truth to the old belief that if you are married long enough, spouses start to look like siblings. I will never have brown skin and bushy eyebrows, so in the case of hubby and I, the reference is more of a personality thing. When hubby and I first met, I was the loud-mouthed, not afraid to speak her mind, bad-ass type of gal. Hubby was meek, lover-not-fighter type. He would let someone take his wallet right out of his pocket then make an issue of it. "He obviously needs it more than I do" would be his response. All of that has changed.

  • We have had some difficulty with Rosebud's health lately. On top of it, our pediatrician is somewhat of a d!ck and suddenly hubby has no problem making that known.

  • Hubby received two phone calls and a letter from different companies alerting him to the fact that some a$$hole is using his social and name to try to obtain lines of credit. In trying to get to the bottom of this, hubby wasn't getting the answers he wanted and thus laid out a slew of curse words that I am not sure I have ever said (and anyone who knows me knows how improbable a scenario that is).

  • Yesterday my year-and-a-half-old SUV had its first flat tire. Tire was trying to be changed when it was discovered the tool bag that WAS supposed to be in the back wasn't. The service man basically told me I was S.O.L. Hubby called back and demanded a tow truck to the dealer at the dealers expense, or a service man in our driveway within minutes. The service man came within minutes.

Who is this? I would think I was talking about myself, but in ALL of these scenarios, I have been the one meekly stepping back. I am proud of him and scared of him and mad at myself at the same time. We are slowly morphing into each other and I am not sure if I like it. If I one morning wake up with bushy eyebrows and an inability to spell, I am going to be really pissed off.

2 comments:

  1. Max is The Punisher! Awesome - Eddie and I love it.

    I think brown skin would look fab on you, and you already have had spelling issues in your day. How do you spell "crow" again? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bitch, why you gotta go there!? Hater. I can spell now, sucka! (see?)

    ReplyDelete