Monday, November 30, 2009

COUNTDOWN TO 2010

Its been a trying year, to say the least, for many of us. The laundry list of mine and Boop's trials and tribulations is to lengthy and ....just...ugh...to even bother with at this point. So I decided to start a new list. Instead of "Woe is Me", I am calling it "Cheers to Me". I hope you all will join me and post your list in the comments section. Because, frankly, who else knows better just how great you really are.

  • Cheers to me for endlessly advocating for my kids and getting the results that have lead to improving their lives.
  • Cheers to me for having the BEST job in the world (still don't know how I got that lucky)
  • Cheers to me for being a good daughter
  • Cheers to me for being the better person
  • Cheers to me for finding a husband who finds me worthy of worship :)
  • Cheers to me for having a sister who understands all of it. ALL OF IT! She's the only one who could.
  • Cheers to me for being able to make people laugh even when the situation is not at all funny
  • Cheers to me for at least attempting to work my "curves" aka: 10 Rosebud pounds I can't seem to shake
  • Cheers to me for convincing my hubby to be proactive about his health
  • Cheers to me for taking time to say "CHEERS!" to myself. I rock.

Now its up to you. Go forth and toast to your own awesomeness!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Jen. Very positive at the right time. Here's my list:

    1. Cheers to me for having the balls to quit a dull 9-5 during what seemed to be the absolutely wrong economic time to do so, in order to follow my dreams of becoming a writer.

    2. Cheers to me for honoring Jesika's memory by speaking out against injustice.

    3. Cheers to me for being a good daughter-in-law, taking better care of Eddie's folks than I would myself when they spent a month at my place over the summer.

    4. Cheers to me for having the opportunity to travel internationally twice this year - and making the most of it.

    5. Cheers to me for being able to make tough decisions and follow through.

    6. Cheers to me for getting into the best shape of my life at a time when my body just wants to rest and eat.

    7. Cheers to me (with emphasis) for having the two cutest and most hilarious nieces on the planet.

    8. Cheers to me for officially making it through two years of marriage (this Saturday).

    9. Cheers to me for having raised a damned fine little sister.

    ReplyDelete