Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Photo Anniversary Essay

Three years ago today, on a sweaty late afternoon in the central region of India, a town called Raipur, I walked around the fire seven times with the man I had chosen as my life partner and soul mate:


I became a newly welcomed member of a family I had largely never met:


And he joined mine:


After getting through four days of alcohol-free Hindu ritual, we took off and married each other all over again in Vegas:


So to my husband Eddie, on the day of our third wedding anniversay, be it known you are the only man that could make me crazy enough to run around the world for three weeks, marrying you every place I landed.

1 comment:

  1. happy anniversary! and you had the forethought to get married on what would two years later be the birth of my second child. bravo!

    ReplyDelete