Friday, July 31, 2009

End of the Month



Even by usual standards, this has been a tough month for me and those that I love. But take heart sufferers, this is the last day of the month, and a Friday at that. I declare this must bode well for a fabulous August.

Eddie and I hit a tremendous marital roadblock, Jen's Little Rosebud had surgery. My BFF Gary graduated from his MSW program May 8th and has been wickedly exposed to the cruelty of the job market, right as his student loans are about to come due. Little C lost her position. Jeremy's mother died yesterday. It seemed that July was unseasonably cool this year in more ways than one. I send my love out to those going through troubled times, as they have sent their love in return to me.

Tomorrow is August 1st. One week from then, Boop will have to confront her 31st birthday. A few months ago I swore I would have a better attitude about it than I did my milestone birthday last year. Despite a few setbacks, I still cling to those plans. August is the last month of summer and I think the long suffering citizens of Chicago deserve to see it go with a little heat and happy times. I will do my part.

2 comments:

  1. I year ya, goodbye July. Welcome August.

    Have a great weekend. Many hugs back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also hope August sees the return of my blogging. Rosebud's surgery SHOULD mean a return to regular times (whatever that is) and my stress level should go way down, opening up my mind for more 'My End or Yours' and other posts. I miss it for sure but have been lacking the brain power to make it happen. A week from Tuesday I get one year closer to 30 and that is fine by me because my twenties have been nothing if not tumultuous !!

    ReplyDelete