Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday the 24th


It is fairly obvious to most of you that our Jen of All Trades has been on hiatus for quite some time. What might not be so obvious is that for months on end, she has been dealing with a sick child. Rosebud, her two year-old, has been suffering recurring fevers, sleep apnea and eating troubles since early winter. Lost for answers for a long time, it has been very trying for Jen and her family to figure out how to help their child. After a dedicated period of personal research, stick to-itiveness and doctor visits, it was finally determined that Rosbud had some bum tonsils and adnoids causing these problems.

So today was the day my baby niece had surgery to have these nasty parts removed. As you might imagine, it was a very rough ordeal for the little one and her parents - not the least because the procedure began at 7 AM. I am happy to report the process was a success, but healing will be tough and demanding. I have KK for the evening, and we are lucky enough to be heading off to a Demi Lovato concert at the AllState Arena in a few minutes. I know I will be the least cool person there, but hopefully KK is willing to forgive me. David Archuleta is the opening act. I am perhaps more excited about that than I should be.

But Rosebud and her folks aren't the only ones having a tough day. When I brought KK home to my place for lunch and a nap, I got an email from my favorite cousin, Little C, that she had been laid off. She is philosophical and serene as always, believing everything happens for a reason, and she is probably right. Sill, I adore this girl and just hate to see her down in any fashion.

So I dedicate this post to the tough ladies in my life who have suffered a knock this day, but keep on chugging. Nothing - unemployment, surgery or a little fatigue, can keep a good woman down.

8 comments:

  1. I am glad that Jen and her family got some anwers finally and a solution. My daughter was born two months premature and spent that time in the hospital getting bigger. Nothing is worse then having to see your little one sick and not knowing what to do, or being able to do anything for her.
    I hope that Rosebud is feeling better soon, and the recurrent illness is all in the past.

    p.s who the heck is Demi Lovato anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Demi Lovato is one of the tween stars that the Disney factory churns out without interruption. Yet I must say, I enjoyed her show more than I thought I would. She has a strong rock voice for a 16 year-old gal, and knows how to hold a stage. I thank KK for this pop culture lesson.

    I hope your little one is since in perfect health?

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just perfect! Thanks.
    And thanks for the pop culture lesson. I have been watching alot of Sponge Bob lately and sometimes catch iCarly, gotta say, it's not the worst show out there. Is that pathetic of me??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Becky,

    My younger brother had his adnoids removed as a little dude, and even though the recovery process is no fun, the lasting results are well worth it. So tell Rosebud to hang in there, and in the words of the Oracle, "she will be right as rain" before she knows it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have not checked on here in awhile with two of the prettiest bloggers on the internet! I am sorry to read about your niece! Best of luck to her & a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So mini-Bolton opens for Demi Lovato? LMAO!! Hope your niece is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Min-Bolton aka, David Archulata, was quite good I'll have you know "Anonymous" (Timbo).

    Joanne - I have heard good things about iCarly. I am never one to pour water on someome's TV enjoyment.

    Kevin - may your words of encouragement prove true.

    ReplyDelete