Tuesday, June 15, 2010

She's too humble, but I'm not!

I am bearer of tremendously good news. As you know, Boop received an award from the Illinois Women's Press Association for a two part series on urban agriculture she wrote for Street Wise. Her first place status paved the way for her entry into the national competition. Last night she received word that she had, indeed, placed first at the national level and will be honored at the National convention in August. This shocked us both into....gasp....near speechlessness. I know. Quite hard to fathom, but its true. If you are a good, humble person you should NEVER expect to win a national journalism award. Especially after only recently breaking into the world of professional writing. Needless to say I am patting myself on the back today for encouraging her to leave corporate American and pursue her dreams...uh...er...I mean I'm congratulating her quite heavily on this accomplishment. Sarcasm aside, I did gift her with a bouquet of flowers. It seems like a tiny reward for such a great accomplishment, but how can I compare with a National honor??

1 comment:

  1. You naughty little minx. I sure was not going to mention this on the blog. I am much better at making fun of my failures than saying anything meaningful about my successes. But for the record, flowers from my supportive sister and friend beats a stinky old plaque any day.

    Thank you for tooting my horn for me.

    ReplyDelete