Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I need a vacation! Anyone else?

The last 24 - 48 hours have gone as such:

Monday 7:59 am - Rosebud refuses to swallow her last bit of oatmeal. Its time to drop KK at school. I say "screw it!" and tell KK to take Rosebud out of her eating chair. Rosebud deposits said mouthful of food all over KK's shirt and pants. Need to leave for school in one minute. WARDROBE CHANGE!

Monday 8:25 am - School nurse calls. KK has been handed down head lice from one of her lovely classmates.

Monday 8:26 am - I have a panic attack. Do I have it? Does Rosebud? Do the cats? How am I going to wash everything before I catch the 1:08 to work?

Monday 8:40 am - buy out the entire lice section at Walgreens.

Monday 9:30 am - get the okay to have the day off of work and then spend the next 1o hours delousing my children and my house.

Monday 9:30 pm - get to bed thinking all bugs are gone and house has never been cleaner.

Tuesday 7:15 am - Rosebud wakes up with a fever and vomit. Awesome.

Tuesday 10:30 am - KK's school calls to inform me KK is scratching again...they have found "a few more".

Tuesday 10:40 am - apply mayonaise to KK's scalp, wrap her head in plastic wrap and cover with head scarf. She is now wearing a mayonaise turbin. Double awesome. Oh yeah, leave on for 5 hours was the recommendation. Triple awesome.

Tuesday 5:35 pm (right now) - Though I have been checked and cleared of all buggers, still constantly thinking my scalp, skin, and eyebrows are itching because of buggers. HELP ME!

How do I make sure these damn things are gone? How do I stop feeling itchy even though I am not!?

Have a better "I need a vacation" story? I am all ears....

6 comments:

  1. No idea why but the idea of you cobntsantly itching your eyebrows for lice has me in mild hysterics. I know how you are with bugs. Hi-larious post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I am truly sorry to read about your ordeal. Luckily,lice never found it's way into our house. I don't worry about it too much,I have a shaven head. Of course, with my luck,I'll probably be the first bald guy with lice.I'd "comb" the internet for advice.
    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The saga continues, I just don't have the energy to write about it. Keep all fingers crossed that this is the LAST day of all the drama. Can't take another!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can completely empathize. We had lice in our household. It took several treatments to finally go away. Just when you think you got that last nit, more appear on the scalp. I am sorry you had such a rough week. I totally understand getting the itchies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    This might help. I just read this in the Tribune:http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/lifestyle/chi-0215-wire-lice-betterfeb15,0,3889901.story?page=2

    ============================
    GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet becky told you of my recent "i need a vacation" drama so I won't bore you with it. Thank goddess that Con Man hasn't come home with those yet.

    ReplyDelete