Friday, June 12, 2009

Concierge



You know what they say about the best laid plans. I had developed a logical and balanced itinerary. I had talked out everything in advance with both Eddie and his folks: the need to balance work with spending time with them, and keeping up with my own personal needs. And yet, here I sit a mere 19 hours after the arrival of Mummy and Papa, way behind already on work, skipping my Pilates class. I have changed Euros at Chase Bank, helped cook my first Indian dinner, learned to make tea the "right" way (and all this time I never knew I was doing it wrong), and even managed to slip out of the house to see the next show I have to review for The Edge.

Argh! Sorry I am back. My MIL was just giving me a lesson on the benefits and demerits of sleeping North/South vs. East/West, and the bad karma it causes when your head points North. Seriously. This is why I was called away from the computer. I love these folks to death, but how will I get anything done? This is exactly what I was afraid of. Eddie keeps saying we will work through this visit as a team, but that's sort of hard when he's out of town four days a week and working 12 hours on Fridays. I am going to need the weekend to catch up.

Folks, it's only Day 1. I need a pep talk.

2 comments:

  1. Becky,

    I was told the same thing about sleeping the correct direction. It was from my adoring Grandmother. So, I know these pieces of advice are born from her love for you.
    Now, lets just work on her timing. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, maybe we can loan them K. on one of Cindy's days off and you can head off to Starbucks to write.

    ReplyDelete