Thursday, February 25, 2010


I like to think of my self as a relatively intellegent woman. Perhaps not the most educated, but "street smart" and savvy in ways that matter. So I hope that you, my fellow bloggers/readers, will join me in my absolute lack of understanding on a hot topic being dissected in the media right now: Why do so many people have their undies in a bundle over the full body scanners being installed in airports??


Lets lay out some facts here. Over the holidays, a not-so-nice man blew up his own undies in a botched attempt to take down an American bound airplane. Sure wish someone had seen THROUGH his undies ahead of time to prevent the panic and lifetime of anxiety for those passengers fortunate enough to have the worst thing on that flight be the smell of his burning genitalia. It could have been SO much worse. And he totally deserved it. Obviously there are MANY other examples of terrorism in the sky. If you are as intelligent as I (there needs to be a sarcasm font), they need not be explained.


That being said, I firmly believe we should all be willing to drop our drawers in the name of safe skies. It may not be the most prideful thing, but for the love of God, if all I have to do to be safe is allow the TSA dude to get a sneak peek of my naughty bits, SO BE IT! And as my friend Cindy so cleverly pointed out, this machine has a slimming effect. Again, how can this be a bad thing? I think we should collectively drop trou in a display of solidarity. Ready! One, two.....


2 comments:

  1. I never took my sister for an airport exhibitionist. Shocking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be flying at least three times this year, so I guess I can't put off that bikini wax much longer. Youch!

    ReplyDelete