Monday, February 22, 2010

WALK TO BREAK THE SILENCE


As readers of this blog are well aware, one of Boops BFFs, Jesika, lost a tragically brief battle with ovarian cancer nearly a year ago. Boop and I also lost or grandmother, the dear June Crowley, to the same disease in the 90s. In 2010, its time for us to take action. No more talk about wishing we could have done something.


On May 1st, 2010 the National Ovarian Coalition Illinois Chapter is hosting the Walk to Break the Silence at Diversey Harbor. If you can join Team June/Jesika, AWESOME! If you cannot but have even a dollar to contribute to the cause we would certainly appreciate that as well. Here is a link to our team site




Boop and I hope to see you there, even if its only in spirit

2 comments:

  1. I think both ladies we are representing would be very proud of you Ms. Team Captain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know both ladies are proud, just as I am.

    ReplyDelete