Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dancing with Bitches



I know many of you will be working to hold back your snorts of derision when I claim the following: the last two outings of Dancing with the Stars sucked (the withheld snorts are obviously from those who think every run is crap). Two seasons ago I had to watch Shaun Johnson walk away with Gilles Marini's trophy. Last season there were just too many (lame) contestants.

Like my former American Idol habit, I was ready to quit DWTS cold turkey. My DVR is clogged up quite enough, thank you, and I need to prioritize. I am working on finding a job, coordinating a move, training for a race. I have enough to do without watching another trainwreck like Tom Delay bumble his way to two stress fractures.

But just as I was ready to delete my series recording, the cast list for the coming season was released and boy is it a doozy! Not only do we get the infamous and much maligned reality mom, Kate Gosselin (arguably the most name recognized contestant DWTS has ever hired), but there's also skanktastic 90s icon Pamela Anderson, as well as a special treat for myself and the gay community. Wait for it....Shannen Doherty! Gary, if you are reading this right now, grab a paper bag and breathe slowly.

Last season's competitors were hardly worthy of the "celebrity" title which hung about their necks, Kelly Osbourne and Mya notwithstanding. But now we're talking.

I own it. I will be back. And I pray, I pray hard, that when the inevitable catfight ensues (none of the rumors you have heard about Gosselin, Anderson and Doherty being total slags are false), cameras will be there to capture it.

6 comments:

  1. LMAO about Tom Delay, but you're losing it Becks. You complain about lack of celebrity and yet call Kelly Osborne and Kate Gosselin stars. GMAFB!!

    I agree Pam Anderson should be skanktastic! A wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen...can't wait! Ochocinco should be entertaining. I could do without the bachelor...didn't he get his 15 minutes of fame. He's a tool! Erin Andrews might be worth tuning in for as well from a heterosexual male point of view.

    -Mr. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what GMAFB means, but I think he means Dancing With the Stars GOT MY ASS F-ING BACK with the kick-ass cast! I really have only watched it sporadically, but when I heard Evan Lysaceck and (gasp!) the TOTALLY GORGE Aiden Turner were on...it was hard to contain myself. There are some hot chicks too. All I ask is this: Buzz Aldrin, please keep your shirt on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. A-

    You knew who Kate and Kelly were, didn't you? Rest my case. They are in fact household names.

    Who the eff is Evan Lysaceck? Team Shannen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW - nice turn on the GMAFB Jen. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I knew who they were. That doesn't make them "stars". I know the show uses that term very loosely, but I would argue that Donny Osmond way more of a household name than either of them. And at least (like it or not) he's done something to achieve such household recognition. Osborne and Gosselin have done no such thing. And if you don't know who Evan Lysaceck is, you haven't been watching either the Olympics or the local news recently. He's a gold medal figure skater originally from Naperville.

    And Jen...for the record: GMAFB = give me a ******* break. I'll let you fill in the blank.

    Mr. A

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donny Osmond IS a household name - if the year is 1969. Come on Grandpa! I am talking about relevance today. "Soldier of Love" being a great tune and all aside, anyone 35 and under is far more likely to know Kate or Kelly. You just seem to have an outdated idea of what "fame" is. It hasn't necessarily meant talent for a long time now.

    Team Shannen!

    ReplyDelete