Tuesday, March 24, 2009

BufBloPoFo 09 DayEleven

Okay okay, if you don’t have a cell phone with a camera in it, then your assignment is to write a post about what it’s like living in the scary and unfamiliar future world. Do you miss your caveman family and your pet dinosaur?

I do have a cell phone with a camera in it, but never sprung for the data package necessary to upload camera phone shots to my PC. I have plenty of use for technology, but not if it takes unecessary work and funds, which since I hate having my picture taken, this situation certainly falls into that category. Also, I am still a little tired from yesterday's post, and belive me I could have gone on much longer. I love me some Jen.

I am not sure it's really necessary to write about a scary and unfamiliar future world. Aren't we there already? Could anyone have predicted even one year ago the fiscal mess our nation would be in? Yet and still, as I wrote yesterday, I am leaving my job. The conclusion as to whether this move is ballsy or simply crazy has yet to be written. My husband is earning a lot in his present contract job, enough to offset my loss of income, especially if he stops flying home every week (I may join him in Denver for awhile instead), but again, his work is only of a temporary nature. In the past, I have proven very adept at finding employment quickly, but my search is more narrow this time and the economy badly faltering. There is no way I can continue to waste my best years doing anything other than following my heart, and yet I pray I don't come to regret my decision.

I spent a lot of time last night redoing my resume and posting it on Monster, with the support and encouragement of Eddie and Jen. I am going after a career in authorship. As of Friday, April 3rd when I formally hand in my resignation, I am flying without a net underneath me. I do not need to invent a fictional "scary and unfamiliar future world." I have one of my own in reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment