Saturday, March 21, 2009

BufBloPoFo 09 DayEight

Take a look to the right over there and you’ll see a list of the “BufBloPoFo 09 Participants”. It’s pretty, isn’t it?!? Look at them all! Okay, now find whichever blog is below yours and talk about that dude. If you know them, tell us how you met. If you don’t know them, talk about something you read on their site. Whichever it is, end your post by asking that person a question. (That last part maaaaaaay be important later on...)

I like this little homework assignment to begin the second week of BufBloPoFo. Because as much as I have wanted to, I haven't found the time I hoped for this last week to check in with my competition. The name of the blog below mine, entitled "Whoa Mama," is written by a lady named Leah, with whom I am not acquainted. However, she is apparently, a highly educated person, a mother (twins!) and an excellent chocolate chip cookie baker. In a few ways, she reminds me of my well-loved sister (though I wish Jen would try a little harder with the chocolate cookies. Come on!). I am impressed that Leah finds the time to blog at all, considering her full and busy life. Once again, this reminds me of the ongoing conversation I have with myself about someday: to mother or not to mother? When you read the voice of someone like Leah, who is apparently doing it very well and has a very sunny quality to her blog space that cannot be false, it's emboldening.

Anyway, this is where you can look up Leah's blog:

http://triplethreatoftoddlers.blogspot.com/

My favorite post on her site is one she did outside the confines of BufBloPoFo, before the mayhem started. The post is dated March 13th and it's titled "Rats." She really gets to the heart of the emotional roller coaster that comes with the job hunt. The nerves, the excitement, the self-confidence that often comes before a crushing disappointment. I admire Leah's determination to work her temporary "purgatory" job, and to do so with humor, until the next great career phase of her life arrives.

My question to Leah may seem banal, but after spending some time on her blog, I found that Leah and her hubby genuinely love and support each other. So tell me how you two met and fall in love? I am interested in beginnings because there is usually a great story to tell. Did you know he was the one right away, or like myself and Eddie, was your first instinct to run screaming in the other direction? My gut is usually reliable, but on the subject of men, I have found that the one who repelled me at "hello" was bound to be the one I ultimately lost my head about. So my soulmate needed some time to grow on me. How was it for you?

2 comments:

  1. My 2 cents,
    I met my wife in a bar! The Alumni Club in Schaumburg (27 years ago,it was called the Snuggery.)I went up to her and asked her to dance. The only thing we had in common was a strong physical attraction to each other. The rest of the stuff came later. There have been times in the marriage,where I wish I could drop her back off where I found her (and vice versa,I'm sure!),but that's in any marriage. Overall,we are very happy & raised 2 great kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been super hammered at that Alumni Club, JP. My husband used to live right down the street in the International Village apartments before we were married. What are the odds? You two are the rare married couple I have ver heard of that met in a bar. Caliente!

    ReplyDelete