Thursday, March 26, 2009

BufBloPoFo 09 DayThirteen

Link to whatever you posted exactly one year ago (or whatever’s closest), and give your readers an update on that topic. If you haven’t been writing for a year, give us a list of three or four things that are going on in your life right now that you’ll want to update one year from now.

We're in the home stretch folks, lucky number 13. Just another day of reading my various navel contemplations and then we'll both go on a much needed break.

Jen and I only got this blog up and running in January, so I have no year-old posts upon which to reflect. However, my current life is a major state of flux and tumult, so I can easily think of four things that even I would like to know the status of in another 365 days:

1. My career - after I leave the ADA in early May, what next? I have just accepted my first assignment as a volunteer writer for StreetWise, but will I also be writing for cash? Or will I be standing next to one of the StreetWise vendors with a tin cup in my hand, rueing the day I ever walked away from the security of a 9 to 5?

2. Will my braces be off, and will I, for the first time since the age of 6, have a smile of which I am proud? I have attended all of my orthodontic appointments and followed Dr. Colleen's instructions to the letter (forgetting that unfortunate almond incident). The tentative treatment end date is March 2010. Will I cease to be a metal mouth as anticipated?

3. After I return from Miami, Israel and Danver, will I travel anywhere else, or will I be too bogged down by the job hunt and life itself? Is there a return trip to India in my future, my dream of seeing London, etc.?

4. Will I be able to continue the careful dance dance regarding babies with my in-laws? I have bought myself some time with Eddie's own career ups and downs, the recession, etc. But after my 31st birthday, especially if Eddie is solid on the employment front, I anticipate the turning up of the heat.

2 comments:

  1. UGH. Am I going to have to start buying Streetwise now? I need my daily Becky fix........

    On a side note, a co-worker of mine just grunted and farted. I need a vacation.

    P.S. I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J-Tho-

    You know you loved SteertWise anyway. I have seen you making eyes at vendors on Michigan Ave. Thank you for saying you are proud of me. You were one of the ones I feared might think I was the most nuts. Mark your calendar for May 8th. It will be my going away happy hour.

    See - smelling co-workers farts? That's why you are drawn to StreetWise.

    ReplyDelete