Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History


I don't want to say too much on the inauguration, as I hope this historic day will prove to do the talking for me. I just want to say that I was home watching it with a sick Rosebud and I was overwhelmed when Obama walked out. I couldn't help but tear up with the hope of a better day. I just hugged Rosebud and said "Things are going to get better." I wish KK had been there to see my emotion. She feels for me when I cry, and I think she really would have grasped the significance of today if she were there.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Michaela watched the inauguration at school? It's hard to explain to kids her age just why yesterday was such a big deal, but that's good. The next generation will grow up not seeing the big deal about a black president. Even better, maybe they will grow up thinking America rocks and always has.

    ReplyDelete