Monday, January 19, 2009

I guess Boop and I like confrontation...

because I got into a scuffle of a totally different kind this weekend; me vs. an eight year-old.

You may be thinking that an eight year-old is probably not so much of an equal match for this late twenty-something, but let me clarify that I was a mother lion defending my cub. You see, we were at a children's museum patiently waiting our turn to push our faces into a bunch of pegs and see what we looked like on the other side. This rude shorty did not know the meaning of sharing and apparantly neither did her bit#@ of a mother. So, when rude shorty went to see her shape on the other side for the seemingly one thousandth time, I told KK to go ahead and take her turn.

Rude Shorty came back to the other side, saw KK, and tried to shove her out of the way - OH NO SHE DIDN'T!!! - Yes, she did. I politely (or perhaps not, my memory conveniently seems to be a bit fuzzy on that one) grabbed R.S's swinging arm and said "No, we are taking our turn now. You had plenty of turns." Pretty calm reaction considering I wanted to tackle her the ground and teach her some manners. Course, all I would have taught her is to punch and scratch when you feel threatened.

Anyway, I am no longer surprised when I see a lack of manners from parents, but I also saw a lack of concern from R.S's mom when she didn't seem to care that this Lion put her paws on her little R.S. Cub. My sympathy for R.S. having a poor mother figure quickly faded, though, when I saw how much fun KK was having with the pegs. Afterall, this is the society of "me me me". And she's just as pretty as a group of pegs as she is in the flesh. AND we took two or three turns, then let the next group move in. That's how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment